Governors AGM report for parents 2018/19
Every school has a Governing Body that is made up of the following:
- Parents of children who attend the school
- Teachers from the school
- A non-teaching member of staff at the school
- People appointed by the Local Education Authority
- People living and working within the local community
The Governors have a very important role to play. In conjunction with the Head teacher they are involved in:
- Creating and implementing the schools vision
- Making and authorizing financial decisions
- Forming Policies and monitoring the curriculum
- Setting appropriate challenge for the school
- Actively pursuing the best interests of children and all associated with the school.
Governors usually serve for a period of four years and they require no special qualifications. All Governors are informed about their responsibilities and training is available. The Governing Body meets at least once a term and there are additional meetings for other business. Once a year Governors prepare a report for parents and they are invited to a meeting to discuss its contents.